Sunday, February 10, 2008

You All Can't Be Like Me


I really like what we have done so far in the 6x1 class.  This has been a completely new field of filmmaking that I have never encountered hands-on before.  The first assignment with the Earth, Wind, Fire and Water (Props to the band, still jamming since 72') makes me really want to put much heart and effort into creating something unique.  The magazine transfers is the aspect I like the most so far, the colors intrigue me the most, with all the sampling of the fonts mixed in and the smallest images that eventually get blown up when it is projected.  Still having trouble with the rayograms though, but hopefully me and ol Birdawg Lucas will get it worked out.  

The animation with the hundred frames is a tedious but worthwile concentration.  One really has to look ahead and try to percieve what to expect once it is completed.  It has been taking much patience to draw each indivuail shape and then alter it slightly to produce a fluid animation.  My favorite part of the class is how much time is devoted to actually working on projects and getting our hands dirty to what we just learned.  Reading chapters out of textbooks aren't going to get you anywhere to building to one's potential (Eistein doesn't have jack on some splicin and dicing...) so messing around at our pace really helps.

I am pumped to see what else lays head in 6x1, and I hope that some of my stuff that I will make won't be dull and boring just to be one of the countless of knockoffs attempting to make something exceptional (i.e. Broken Arrow)

Let's Rock and Roll   (Heeellllooo Cllleevveellanndd!!!)

No comments: