Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Looking Ahead to 48Hour Video Race


I have no idea of what I could possibly use for the upcoming 48-hour video race. Since we are not allowed to use anything that specifically functions as a motion picture device, I am caught in deciding to use. I don’t want to take the easy road out and choose the Digital Camera, because I want to challenge myself to make something really interesting. One of the ideas that I had was I could sketch out my film and scan it in, and through a quick animation, mix some other elements in. Another Idea that I had was the cell phone, but the problem arising out of that is that I cannot figure a way to get the footage off of my phone onto an editing station.

The video race forces one to think outside of the box, and go beyond the normal limitations to create something unique. It is going to be a tough one, trying to pull together a good project in such little time, but we’ll see what goes down. The mystery prop should prove interesting once we found out how we are going to incorporate it in the finished piece.

This week’s blog is particularly a little shorter than the others because of the heavy last weeks crams for all the projects. I am working on my found footage project for 6x1 and I am using a bunch of new film clips and inter cut them for a comedic theme. It should turn out good so look out for some swwweet footage soon!

No comments: