Monday, April 14, 2008

Rough Theatre....(That's What She Said!)


The Rough Theater is exactly how I feel that experimental films should be seen.  It’s not on Blu-ray, HD_DVD or any other pristine quality in a expensive theatre that these films should be seen.  Leave it to the studios for that nonsense.  I enjoyed the article because it does make one realize the different mind-set we place ourselves into when watching experimental films at these locations.  When we enter these environments, we are thinking about the experience overall and the experimental film high-lights every emotion we feel. Outside projection, live mixing is all about the experience of film.  It may be in a completely new place, but we adapt and enjoy the changes from the conventional theatre. 

 

I like the concept of the Rough Theatre, and the article was very insightful to this new idea for film-goers.  In my opinion I wish all movies could be seen like this, (Ten Commandments in a barn, Citizen Kane on the side of a house) what more could I ask for?  I am looking forward to the end of the year when we get to watch some films at the Silvas’ in this same atmosphere.

 

I have been working on my found footage project and I am trying to think of some interesting ways to use different media to make it funny.  Also I am brainstorming for the upcoming 48-hour video race, so it looks like I’ll be busy for a while.

 

No comments: